Interview With Tech Coach Michelle Bowditch from Door20A March 23, 2020
Today’s episode is an interview with Michelle Bowditch from Door20A.
Michelle is a Sydney based tech lover, tech educator and advocate for the EA profession and is the perfect person to interview to understand how you can leverage technology and set yourself up for success working remotely.
Michelle’s top tips discussed in this episode:
1. App – Tom the Grizzly Bear (search for Bear Focus Timer in app store)
2. Take a photo of your OFFICE environment and replicate it at home as best you can
3. Don’t set up in lounge or on dining table. Set up a dedicated space (ideally with natural light and a pleasing outlook)
4. Have back up communication platforms (ie if you use Zoom also have Skype, Messenger, Facetime or set up or Webinar Jam etc)
5. Take scheduled breaks and get out into the fresh air
6. Set up ‘virtual coffee breaks’
7. Watch Michelle’s ‘2 Minute Moves’ video on Instagram
8. Send video messages to colleagues instead of just emailing and texting
If you need some support, take advantage of Michelle’s tech audit ($99 for 1 hour consultation conducted via Zoom/Skype/Messenger etc)
Loved it? Share it.
Looking for something? Search here
I work with executive assistants and administrative assistants to equip them with the skills and confidence they need to influence more effectively and demonstrate the leadership and interpersonal skills to make them a 'linchpin' to their boss and organisation.